Muting your iPhone by using its physical mute switch is an easy way to silence it when it’s in your pocket. However, you’ll still hear the vibration if your iPhone is on the table, for example. Follow along to learn how to prevent your iPhone from vibrating when it’s on mute.
How to prevent your iPhone from vibrating when it’s on mute
- Fire up the Settings app and head to Sounds & Haptics.
- At the top, you can toggle off Vibrate on Silent.
You can optionally toggle off Vibrate on Ring if you’d like to disable vibrate entirely when getting a call. Note that this will only apply for incoming phone calls from the Phone app. You’ll need to disable vibration for other applications such as voicemail and messages separately.
Depending on your Apple Watch settings, you may need to tweak these settings in the Apple Watch app.
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- How to create a new user account on your Mac
- How to check your iPhone’s software compatibility
- How to play podcasts on HomePod with Siri
- How to check your Mac’s software compatibility
- How to manage your Apple Music up next queue
- How to use Google’s Chrome browser on iPhone
- How to disable picture in picture on iPad
- Apple Music library missing? Check your iCloud Music settings
- How to set a default Finder folder on Mac
- How to transfer files between iPhone and Mac with a USB flash drive