Does it feel like you’re getting too many Siri Suggestions on your iPhone? Read on for how to customize or disable Siri Suggestions on a per-app or system-wide basis.
Siri Suggestions can be helpful, but in some cases, they might start to feel overwhelming or unnecessary. Fortunately, it’s easy to disable these Siri recommendations either for individual apps or across iOS if you’d like.
While the images below show the process on iPhone, the same steps will apply on iPad as well.
How to disable Siri Suggestions on iPhone
- Open Settings
- Swipe down and tap Siri & Search
- Look for the toggles next to Suggestions in Search, Look Up, and Lock Screen
- Toggle off the ones you prefer not to use
- To disable/customize Siri Suggestions for individual apps, swipe down below, choose an app and toggle off the desired options
Here’s how the process looks:
If you’d like to keep Siri Suggestions on, but just fine-tune which apps are enabled/disabled, swipe down below to customize them. You can, of course, use both the system Siri Suggestion toggles as well as the individual app settings.
Read more about Siri Suggestions on Apple’s support page here.
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- How to create repeating scheduled alarms on iPhone
- How to find the serial number on your iPhone
- How to check if your MacBook Pro is affected by the fire safety risk battery recall
- How to create a keyboard shortcut to paste and match style on Mac
- How to add AppleCare to your iPhone after purchase
- How to invert the display colors on your Mac
- How to tell which apps are draining your iPhone battery
- How to print contact info to envelopes, lists, and labels on Mac
- How to check if your MacBook Pro is eligible for a free display backlight repair
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.