The iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro have officially arrived. Follow along on for a look at how to upgrade to your new iPhone without losing any data when coming from the iOS 13.1 beta.
This year is a bit different than the past since Apple released the iOS 13.1 beta before iOS 13 was released to the public. That means there’s an extra step to upgrade to the iPhone 11 lineup if you want to bring over data from your current iPhone running the iOS 13.1 beta.
Note: For those coming from iOS 12, check out our tutorial on upgrading without losing your data.
We’ve also got guides on how to get going with a new Apple Watch.
- How to upgrade to your new Apple Watch without losing data
- How to upgrade to your new Apple Watch without losing data from watchOS 6
How to upgrade to your new iPhone without losing data from iOS 13.1
- If you’ve got the iOS 13.1 beta on your current iPhone, make a fresh backup with iCloud or iTunes
- Power on your new iPhone and set it up as a new device
- Install the iOS 13.1 beta profile and update your new iPhone to iOS 13.1 (public / developer)
- Erase your device to set it up again now that you’re on the iOS 13.1 beta (Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings)
- Follow the onscreen prompts to set up your new iPhone again, now choose Restore from iCloud Backup or Restore from iTunes Backup
- Sign in with iCloud and choose a backup, or plug in your new iPhone to your Mac with a Lightning cable to restore from an iTunes backup
Option 2: New direct transfer feature
In some situations, a local direct transfer might be the best fit. This arrived with iOS 12.4, so after you update your new iPhone to the iOS 13.1 beta and then erase it to set it up again, you may be able to use it. Check out our previous coverage for how it works.
For more help with getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how-to guide as well as the following articles:
- iOS 13: How to use Dark Mode on iPhone
- iOS 13: How to use Memoji Stickers on iPhone
- iOS 13: How to delete apps on iOS 13 for iPhone and iPad
- iOS 13: How to automatically close Safari tabs on iPhone and iPad
- iOS 13: How to customize ‘Announce Messages with Siri’ alerts
- iOS 13: How to choose profile photo and display name for iMessage
- iOS 13: How to switch WiFi networks from Control Center
- iOS 13: How to use the new gestures for cut, copy, paste, and undo on iPhone and iPad
- iOS 13: How to download any size app over cellular with iPhone
- iOS 13: How to set iPhone Communication Limits for your kid with Screen Time
- iOS 13: How to use the new Street View-like ‘Look Around’ feature in Apple Maps
- How to protect your hearing with iOS 13 and watchOS 6
- How to find a lost iPhone, iPad or Mac – even if it’s offline
- How to downgrade from the iOS 13.1 beta
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.