The iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro bring some amazing camera features, but some changes might have you wondering where familiar features have been moved. Read along for how to take timed photos with the iPhone 11 and 11 Pro Camera app.
The iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro have a new Camera app that includes exclusive features like Night mode, a new ultra-wide lens, and more. Along with the UI changes of the Camera app on the latest iPhones, some features are a bit buried and aren’t immediately clear how to get to them.
For deeper dives on Night mode on all that’s new with the iPhone 11 and 11 Pro camera systems, be sure to check out:
- How to use the new iPhone 11 Camera app
- iPhone 11: Night mode camera will make us rethink what we can capture with our phones
How to take timed photos with iPhone 11 and 11 Pro Camera app
- Open the Camera app
- If you see a ^ in the top center portion of your screen, tap it or swipe up on the viewfinder
- Now you’ll see a Camera control toolbar just above the shutter button
- Tap the timer icon to choose a 3s or 10s option
- You’ll see what you’ve selected confirmed in the top right corner (bottom right in landscape orientation)
- Tap the shutter button or a volume button to start the timer
Note: Some Camera modes like Video, Slo-mo, Pano, etc. don’t feature access to the toolbar or have a different toolbar.
Here’s how the process looks:
As shown in the images above, you also get access to controls for flash, Live Photos, aspect ratio, filters, and Night mode (when applicable).
For more help with getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how-to guide as well as the following articles:
iPhone & iPad:
- How to use Night mode on iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro
- Did your iOS update fail? Here’s how to troubleshoot
- iOS 13: How to use Dark Mode on iPhone
- iOS 13: How to use Memoji Stickers on iPhone
- iOS 13: How to delete apps on iOS 13 for iPhone and iPad
- iOS 13: How to automatically close Safari tabs on iPhone and iPad
- iOS 13: How to customize ‘Announce Messages with Siri’ alerts
- iOS 13: How to choose profile photo and display name for iMessage
- iOS 13: How to switch WiFi networks from Control Center
- iOS 13: How to use the new gestures for cut, copy, paste, and undo on iPhone and iPad
- iOS 13: How to download any size app over cellular with iPhone
- iOS 13: How to set iPhone Communication Limits for your kid with Screen Time
- iOS 13: How to use the new Street View-like ‘Look Around’ feature in Apple Maps
- How to protect your hearing with iOS 13 and watchOS 6
- How to find a lost iPhone, iPad or Mac – even if it’s offline
- How to downgrade from the iOS 13.1 beta
- Apple Watch Series 5: Using the Always-On display and how to turn it off
- watchOS 6: How to stream and play Apple Books audiobooks on Apple Watch
- watchOS 6: How to use the split bill and tip calculator features on Apple Watch
- What are noise alerts on Apple Watch in watchOS 6?
- watchOS 6: How to update software directly on Apple Watch
- watchOS 6: How to download apps directly on Apple Watch
- watchOS 6: How to record Voice Memos on Apple Watch
- watchOS 6: How to delete built-in apps on Apple Watch
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.