Apple announced today that it will release iOS 14 to the public on September 16. iOS 14 includes a variety of new features and changes, such as home screen widgets, the App Library, and much more.
iOS 14 is a significant update for iPhone users, bringing long-awaited support for Home screen widgets, as well as a new App Library feature for organizing apps that you don’t want to keep on your Home screen. iOS 14 also brings new compact interfaces for Siri and incoming phone calls, as well as picture-in-picture features for video playback.
Here are some other highlights of iOS 14:
- Pinned conversations in the Messages app
- Mentions in the Messages app
- Inline replies for iMessage
- Change default email app and web browser app
- Emoji search
- Cycling directions in Apple Maps
- Apple Maps support for EV routing
- An all-new Translate application
- HomeKit enhancements: Face Recognition, Activity Zones, Adaptive Lighting
- CarPlay wallpapers
- New CarPlay app types: parking, EV charging, quick food ordering
- Spatial audio for AirPods Pro
- Automatic switching for AirPods and AirPods Pro
- App Clips for quick access to app features without downloading the full app
- New Privacy Features
- Approximate location sharing
Check out our full Apple September event live blog and news hub right here for all of the details on Apple’s announcements.
Track the iOS 14 beta changes in our detailed hands-on videos below:
- Hands-on: iOS 14 beta 7 changes and features [Video]
- Hands-on with iOS 14 beta 6 changes and features [Video]
- Hands-on: iOS 14 beta 5 changes and features – you can now hide the Hidden album in Photos [Video]
- Hands-on: iOS 14 beta 4 changes and features – the TV widget lives [Video]
- Hands-on: iOS 14 beta 3 changes and features [Video]
- Hands-on with 50+ new iOS 14 beta 2 changes and features [Video]
Read more about iOS 14:
- Hands-on with the 10 best iOS 14 features for iPhone [Video]
- Hands-on with 250+ iOS 14 beta features and changes [Video]
- iOS 14 guide
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.