IMDb iOS app adds ability to purchase movie tickets, Amazon integration for DVDs & Blu-rays, & enhanced bios
IMBb has released a big update today to its iPhone and iPad app, adding the the ability to purchase movie tickets directly from within the app and much more. The feature is initially only available to users in the U.S. and can be accessed directly through a “Showtimes & Tickets” section on listings for movies currently in theatres.
Also included in today’s update is integration with the Amazon Mobile app for one tap purchasing of DVDs & Blu-rays from Amazon:
Want to buy a movie or TV show on DVD or Blu-ray? “Search via Amazon Mobile” to the rescue. Requires that you have the Amazon Mobile app, but we provide a handy link if you don’t have it yet.
IMBd has added even more celebrity bio pages in today’s update and iPhone users now have “one-tap access to the full cast/full filmography.” The updated app also includes a few other UI enhancements and bug fixes listed below:
What’s New in Version 3.3
iPad and iPhone
* “Tickets, please!” You can now conveniently purchase movie tickets via the IMDb App (currently US-only).
* More bios for celebrities you know and love as well as for up-and-comers.
* Want to buy a movie or TV show on DVD or Blu-ray? “Search via Amazon Mobile” to the rescue. Requires that you have the Amazon Mobile app, but we provide a handy link if you don’t have it yet.
* Also, did you know you can tap the “Coming Soon” bar above the title on upcoming movies to add the release date as an event to your calendar?
* Bug fixes. Nasty tricksy bugsies. We hates them!
* We heard you. By popular demand, we’ve updated the movie and celebrity pages to include one-tap access to the full cast/full filmography (which, yes, scrolls vertically).
* You’ll see that cute little Watchlist flag almost everywhere now. Tap it to add movies and shows to your Watchlist (and tap-and-hold to add to your other lists as well).
This will be the last update that supports iOS 5. Future updates will require iOS 6 and above.