After a rather successful launch (it was #1 in the App Store for quite a while), Flexibits has updated Fantastical 2 for iPhone with a number of small but notable improvements.
Most notably, Fantastical alerts now come with a notification tone. New options for assigning the app icon badge are available as well.
If you haven’t already tried it out, you can pick up Fantastical 2 on sale for $2.99 in the App Store (regular $4.99) and read our full review here. Fantastical 2.0.1 is a free update to existing customers and available now. (Full change log below.)
What’s New in Version 2.0.1
Thank you VERY much for making us #1 on the App Store during our launch! To show our appreciation, here’s a quick update to improve a few things and fix many of your reported issues. We hope you’re continuing to enjoy Fantastical 2.
- Fantastical 2 notifications now have a sound
– Additional App Icon Badge options: Today’s Remaining Events, Today’s Due Reminders, and Incomplete Reminders
– Adding a phone number as a location shows a call button in event details
– Double-tapping a date picker switches between showing every minute and every five minutes
– Added a “reminder” and “due” parameter to the URL handler. Example: fantastical2://parse?sentence=Buy%20milk&reminder=1&due=yyyy-MM-dd%20HH:mm
– Additional parser improvements
– Performance improvements for iPhone 4
– Updated time zone database
– Fixed a display issue with certain Asian languages
– Fixed Dynamic Type not respecting large type settings from Accessibility
– Fixed an issue where calendar colors could appear too dark or too light
– Fixed an issue when editing events with a custom time zone
– Fixed addresses in notes not opening in Google Maps when they should
– Various fixes and improvements