This week Benjamin and Zac discuss the state of watchOS software and disappearing Apple Watch apps, the rumored Siri Speaker possibly expected at WWDC, a wild iPhone 8 launch claim, and Apple’s latest quarterly earnings results. 9to5Mac’s Happy Hour podcast is available for download on iTunes and Apple’s Podcasts app, or through our dedicated RSS feed for Overcast and other podcast players.
Note: Subscribing to the podcast feed will guarantee the latest episode is downloaded as soon as possible.
Here’s what we discussed in this episode:
- Opinion: It’s time to rethink early Apple Watch apps, not abandon them
- KGI: Apple likely to announce ‘home AI’ Siri Speaker at WWDC, positioned as high-end Amazon Echo competitor
- Rumor: ‘Siri Speaker’ Amazon Echo competitor could see WWDC debut with Mac Pro style
- JPMorgan analyst makes outlandish claim that Apple will preview iPhone 8 at WWDC in June
- Apple announces Q2 2017 revenue of $52.9 billion: 50.7m iPhones, 8.92m iPads, 4.19m Macs
- Live blog: Apple’s fiscal year Q2 2017 earnings call
- Numbers from Apple’s Q2 earnings release: China performance, the iPad’s decline, & more
- Apple CEO Tim Cook to appear on CNBC’s Mad Money following earnings results [Update]
- Report: Qualcomm seeking iPhone import ban in U.S.
- Tim Cook talks AAPL earnings, the future of TV, and more in CNBC interview
Sponsor: JAMF Now — Create your free account today at jamf.com/happyhour.