Apple Watch makes it easy to see your daily active burn of calories, but what about your passive and total calories? Follow along for how to check both.
For now, there’s not a way to check your burn of passive and total calories directly on Apple Watch, but it’s easy to do on the Activity app on iPhone.
How to check your passive and total calories burned with Apple Watch
- Open the Activity app on iPhone
- Swipe from right to left on the Move section
- You’ll see total calories burnt and your active as well
- Subtract your active from your daily total for you passive calorie burn
It seems that Apple is using a slightly dynamic equation to measure passive calorie burn. Mine fluctuates between about 1,800-2,000 a day. My guess is it is based on how long your Apple Watch is worn in addition to your height and weight. If this is the case, your actual total calorie burn will be higher than what’s measured.
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- iPhone: How to scan QR codes with iOS 11
- Apple Watch: How to change exercise goal
- Apple Watch: How to turn on and customize the flashlight
- iPhone: How to delete apps and set up automatic offloading
- Apple Watch: How to use Theater Mode
- iPhone: How to use a personal hotspot and change passwords
- Apple Watch: How to enable Water Lock mode
- Apple Watch: How to enable Power Reserve mode
- How to use swipe or glide typing on iPhone
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.