A small detail Apple changed in the transition from iOS 6 to iOS 7 and beyond is On/Off Labels. In the old days, Apple enabled On/Off labels by default and now that’s no longer the case with iOS’ modern, more flat approach.
Follow along to learn how to turn them back on…
iPhone & iPad: How to enable On/Off labels
- Head into Settings > General > Accessibility.
- Under VISION, you’ll see a toggle for On/Off Labels.
- Switch that into the on position.
While this is purely an aesthetic change, it’s a nice welcome for those who prefer to have slightly more depth in the operating system.
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- iPhone & iPad: How to use guided access to limit use to one app
- iOS 12: How to access Photos in the Messages app
- iOS 12: How to share photos and videos with expiring links on iPhone and iPad
- How to update macOS in Mojave
- iOS 12: How to use the animated Activity app stickers in Messages
- How to enable High Quality Streaming in Apple Music over cellular
- How to reset your AirPods
- Mac: How to use split screen