This week Benjamin and Zac discuss a range of topics including Apple Watch and DST challenges, new Apple Watch Series 4 improvements, iOS 12.0.1 fixes and iOS 12 adoption rate, new Apple Music and Apple Pay updates, the latest round of smart ‘speakers’ from Facebook, Google, and Amazon, the mysterious China security story and an interesting fraud scheme, Apple’s original content strategy, new iPad Pro rumors, and more.
Sponsored by Zendure: Enter to win our iPhone XS Max giveaway!
- Some Apple Watch Series 4 models repeatedly crashing and rebooting due to daylight saving time bug
- Third iOS 12.1, watchOS 5.1, and tvOS 12.1 developer betas now available
- Apple releasing iOS 12.0.1 with iPhone XS charging and iPad ‘.?123’ key position fix today
- iOS 12 now installed on 50% of active devices, outpacing iOS 11 adoption
- Apple officially says iOS 12 is now in use on 50% of all iPhones and iPads
- Apple Music now incorporates lyrics from Genius, Genius adds embedded Apple Music player
- Apple Pay is now accepted at CVS Pharmacy, Discover adds support for its debit card
- Facebook enters the smart speaker race with Portal and Portal+, featuring video calls and Amazon Alexa
- Apple strongly refutes report that it found Chinese ‘spy’ chips in iCloud servers
- Apple continues denial of Chinese server spy infiltration with new statement
- Report details Apple’s struggles to tackle iPhone repair fraud in China, which cost Apple billions of dollars a year
- Apple launching season 2 of Carpool Karaoke for free through the TV app starting October 12
- Apple to offer some of its original content for free via TV app on iOS & Apple TV, report says
- Exclusive: iPad Pro Face ID details, 4K HDR video over USB-C, AirPod-like Apple Pencil 2 pairing, more [Update: A12X processor]
- [Update: Apple Store stock and unboxing] Apple Watch Nike+ hits stores Friday with new face and reflective band
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.