iPad (Pro or not) is a fantastic device to use in landscape mode. However, iPad defaults to the portrait orientation. Follow along to learn how to enable rotation lock on iPad.
How to enable rotation lock on iPad
- Pull down Control Center from the top right.
- Make sure your iPad is in the orientation you’d like it to be locked in.
- Underneath the system functions (Airplane Mode, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc)., tap on the rotation lock icon (padlock with a circular arrow around it).
On older iPads (before iPad Air), there is a switch on the right side of the iPad that can be used to rotate the screen. You’ll just need to go into Settings > General and switch the setting from mute to rotation lock.
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- How to turn Apple Watch on and off
- How to force quit apps on iPad Pro
- How to find out which Apple TV model you have
- How to turn off Walkie-Talkie on Apple Watch
- How to get Spotify on Apple Watch
- How to turn off iPad Pro
- How to open Safari links in Apple News
- How to invoke Siri on iPad Pro
- How to charge Apple Watch and check battery life
- How to take screenshots on the iPad Pro
- How to adjust Display Zoom on iPhone and iPad
- How to setup Face ID on iPad Pro
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.