While Spotify’s Apple Watch app isn’t quite what users have been wanting, it’s still better than nothing. Hopefully over time it will be updated to support offline playback and stream content directly from Apple Watch. But for now, it just offers playback control for iPhone.
Keep in mind if you don’t have app updates set to automatically install, you’ll need to check for the latest Spotify iOS update manually.
How to get Spotify on Apple Watch
- Make sure you’re on the latest version of the iOS Spotify app
- Check the App Store for the newest update, or download the app here
- Look for the Spotify app on your Apple Watch
Here’s how the Spotify Apple Watch app looks:
There are two screens you can swipe between. One for seeing recently played music and toggling shuffle on and off, the other for playback controls.
As seen below, you also get the option to favorite songs, and select external speakers.
You can use the Digital Crown to adjust volume with an indicator shown in the top right corner. The Spotify Apple Watch app also shows time remaining for tracks in the top left corner.
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- How to turn off iPad Pro
- How to open Safari links in Apple News
- How to invoke Siri on iPad Pro
- How to charge Apple Watch and check battery life
- How to take screenshots on the iPad Pro
- How to adjust Display Zoom on iPhone and iPad
- How to setup Face ID on iPad Pro
- How to turn up haptic vibration feedback on Apple Watch
- How to clean your Apple Watch
- How to disable Apple Music listening history on iPhone and iPad