Have multiple Apple TVs in the house and are super frustrated with the lack of back up options with tvOS? You’re not alone. In fact, Apple has made a small workaround that will make adding or switching to another Apple TV fairly easy. Follow along to learn how to enable Home Screen Sync on Apple TV.
How to enable Home Screen Sync on Apple TV
- Open the Settings app and then head to General > Accounts > iCloud.
- Near the bottom there’s an option for Home Screen Sync, go ahead and turn that on.
Now, when you delete or add an app to one Apple TV home screen, it will automatically sync the change to the next.
Unfortunately, unlike a traditional back up of a device, Home Screen Sync is strictly used for the home screen layout, meaning app login information and settings do not sync between multiple Apple TVs. Hopefully that’ll come in an update sooner, rather than later.
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- How to turn off and restart iPhone XR, XS, and XS Max
- How to set up Apple Pay on MacBook Air
- How to enable Workout Do Not Distrub on Apple Watch
- How to customize Apple Watch notifications
- How to pair Bluetooth headphones on Apple Watch
- How to sync music and podcasts to Apple Watch from iPhone
- How to disable automatic app install on Apple Watch
- How to update software on Apple Watch
- How to adjust flashlight brightness on iPhone and iPad
- How to fix a red exclamation mark on Apple Watch