Apple Watch can sometimes run into difficulty when installing an update. If you’ve encountered a warning screen, follow along for how to fix a red exclamation mark on Apple Watch.
Apple notes that users shouldn’t attempt to force restart Apple Watch during an update.
However, if the device encounters an issue during installation with a red exclamation mark screen as shown below, a force restart is the next step.
How to fix a red exclamation mark on Apple Watch
- Press and hold both the side button and Digital Crown for at least 10 seconds.
- Let go of both buttons when you see the Apple logo
- If the Apple logo doesn’t show up, contact Apple support
Unfortunately, if that doesn’t solve your problem, you’ll likely need to take your Apple Watch into an Apple Store, AASP, or mail it in after contacting Apple support.
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- How to turn off Safari website notifications on macOS
- How to switch to list view or grid view on Apple Watch with watchOS 5
- How to enable mute on iPad
- How to use Cc and Bcc in email on iPhone, iPad, and Mac
- How to force restart iPad Pro
- How to force restart Apple Watch
- How to turn Apple Watch on and off
- How to force quit apps on iPad Pro
- How to find out which Apple TV model you have
- How to turn off Walkie-Talkie on Apple Watch
- How to get Spotify on Apple Watch
- How to turn off iPad Pro