There shouldn’t be many times when you’ll need to restart your Apple Watch, but if it isn’t responding, read on for how to force restart Apple Watch.
Whoosh! Screen Cleaner
However, if it isn’t responding, a force restart could be necessary. Also, you can’t restart or force restart an Apple Watch while it’s charging, so make sure it’s off the charger.
Important note: don’t attempt a force restart if you’re updating your Apple Watch.
You should force restart your device as a last resort and only if it’s not responding.
How to force restart Apple Watch
- Press and hold both the side button and Digital Crown for at least 10 seconds
- Release the buttons when the Apple logo appears
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- How to turn Apple Watch on and off
- How to force quit apps on iPad Pro
- How to find out which Apple TV model you have
- How to turn off Walkie-Talkie on Apple Watch
- How to get Spotify on Apple Watch
- How to turn off iPad Pro
- How to open Safari links in Apple News
- How to invoke Siri on iPad Pro
- How to charge Apple Watch and check battery life
- How to take screenshots on the iPad Pro
- How to adjust Display Zoom on iPhone and iPad
- How to setup Face ID on iPad Pro