Software isn’t perfect and can sometimes lock up. Knowing how to force restart your Home button-less iPad Pro is handy when iOS locks up on you.
Follow along to learn how to force restart iPad Pro…
How to force restart iPad Pro
- Press the volume up button for one second, followed by the volume down button for one second. Tap and hold the Top button for at least 5 seconds.
- Wait for the Apple logo to appear and then let go of the Top button.
The new iPad Pro adapts the iPhone X/XS/XR gestures including hardware button shortcuts. With the exclusion of the physical Home button, Apple had to move several shortcuts that relied on the button.
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- How to force restart Apple Watch
- How to turn Apple Watch on and off
- How to force quit apps on iPad Pro
- How to find out which Apple TV model you have
- How to turn off Walkie-Talkie on Apple Watch
- How to get Spotify on Apple Watch
- How to turn off iPad Pro
- How to open Safari links in Apple News
- How to invoke Siri on iPad Pro
- How to charge Apple Watch and check battery life
- How to take screenshots on the iPad Pro
- How to adjust Display Zoom on iPhone and iPad
Check out 9to5Mac on YouTube for more Apple news:
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.