If you’ve bought an iPad within the last half decade, it likely didin’t come with a physical switch that let you mute or lock the rotation of the device. Follow along to learn how to enable mute on iPad.
How to enable mute on iPad
- On iPads running iOS 12 or above, swipe down from the top right of the screen. For all pervious iPads running iOS 11 or older, swipe up from the bottom.
- Tap the Mute icon (bell icon), to enable or disable mute. Mute is enabled when the icon is red with a white background.
On older iPads (before the iPad Air generation), you can simply use the physical switch on the right side of the iPad if it’s assigned to mute.
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- How to use Cc and Bcc in email on iPhone, iPad, and Mac
- How to force restart iPad Pro
- How to force restart Apple Watch
- How to turn Apple Watch on and off
- How to force quit apps on iPad Pro
- How to find out which Apple TV model you have
- How to turn off Walkie-Talkie on Apple Watch
- How to get Spotify on Apple Watch
- How to turn off iPad Pro
- How to open Safari links in Apple News
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.