The flashlight feature on iPhone and iPad is super useful and handy when you need to see in the dark but don’t want to turn on the lights, potentially waking up others or pets. Fortunately, Apple lets you adjust the flashlight brightness on iPhone and iPad, so that you can dim the flashlight and further improve your chances of not waking anyone up.
Follow along to learn how to adjust flashlight brightness on iPhone and iPad.
How to adjust Flashlight brightness on iPhone and iPad
- On iPhone X or later and iPads running iOS 12 or later, swipe down from the top right to invoke Control Center. On older devices, swipe up from the bottom.
- Tap and hold (or 3D Touch on capable devices) the Flashlight icon. A new menu will appear. Slide it up or down to adjust the brightness of the Flashlight.
Relatively easy but hidden away behind a 3D Touch menu. Whether you need a super dim flashlight or a relatively bright one, it’s an option.
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- How to switch to list view or grid view on Apple Watch with watchOS 5
- How to enable mute on iPad
- How to use Cc and Bcc in email on iPhone, iPad, and Mac
- How to force restart iPad Pro
- How to force restart Apple Watch
- How to turn Apple Watch on and off
- How to force quit apps on iPad Pro
- How to find out which Apple TV model you have
- How to turn off Walkie-Talkie on Apple Watch
- How to get Spotify on Apple Watch
- How to turn off iPad Pro
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.