Whether you’ve just gotten a new iPhone or just haven’t needed to power off or restart your device yet, follow along for how to turn off and restart iPhone XS, XS Max, XR.
Apple’s 2018 iPhone lineup with the XS, XS Max, and XR all feature bezel-less displays with no Home button. Along the changes, functions like turning off and restarting the new iPhones have changed compared to iPhone 8, 7, and earlier.
How to turn off and restart iPhone XS, XS Max, and XR
- Press and hold the Side button and one of the volume buttons until the power off screen appears
- Drag the slider to the right to turn off your device
- Press and hold the Side button to power it back on and complete the restart
For a look at how to force restart, enter DFU mode and more, take a look at our video tutorial here.
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- How to set up Apple Pay on MacBook Air
- How to enable Workout Do Not Distrub on Apple Watch
- How to customize Apple Watch notifications
- How to pair Bluetooth headphones on Apple Watch
- How to sync music and podcasts to Apple Watch from iPhone
- How to disable automatic app install on Apple Watch
- How to update software on Apple Watch
- How to adjust flashlight brightness on iPhone and iPad
- How to fix a red exclamation mark on Apple Watch
- How to switch to list view or grid view on Apple Watch with watchOS 5