We reported back in February that Apple was working on a TV show starring NBA star Kevin Durant. The show, dubbed Swagger, was reportedly being produced by Imagine Television and Durant’s Thirty Five Media.
Today, Variety is reporting that Apple has ordered the show to series. Reggie Rock Bythewood will be writing, directing, executive producing, and will also be the showrunner for the series. Bythewood has previously worked on Shots Fired, which was produced by Imagine.
Titled “Swagger,” the series is inspired by Durant’s youth basketball experiences. It explores the world of AAU basketball in the nation’s capital, and the players, their families and coaches who walk the fine line between dreams and ambition, and opportunism and corruption.
Durant will be producing alongside Imagine’s Brian Grazer and Francine California. Thirty Five Media’s Rich Kleiman will also be an executive producer.
- Apple working with film studio A24 to produce movies and TV shows
- Apple adds Billy Crudup and Gugu Mbatha-Raw to its upcoming TV drama led by Jennifer Aniston and Reese Witherspoon
- Steve Carell making first return to TV after The Office in Jennifer Aniston and Reese Witherspoon drama for Apple
- Apple adds Jennifer Aniston and Reese Witherspoon drama to its TV lineup
- Apple’s drama w/ Jennifer Aniston & Reese Witherspoon swaps showrunners over ‘creative differences’
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.