Dark Mode in iOS 13 and iPadOS 13 offers a sharp dark theme across the entire operating system. Whether you end up using it automatically based on time of day or not, it’s handy to add a manual shortcut toggle for Dark Mode in Control Center on your iPhone or iPad.
iOS 13 is still in developer and public beta but is expected to be released to the public shortly after Apple’s September 10 iPhone event.
iOS 13: How to add Dark Mode shortcut to Control Center on iPhone
- Open Settings, swipe down and tap Control Center
- Choose Customize Control Center
- Under More Controls, tap the + icon next to Dark Mode
- Use the three-line icon on the right to organize its placement
You’re all set to quickly toggle Dark Mode on and off in Control Center (swipe down from the top right corner on iPhone X and later, up from the bottom of the screen on iPhone 8 and earlier). Here’s how the above steps look:
Now when you open Control Center you’ll see the Dark Mode shortcut toggle to manually turn the feature on and off.
For a walkthrough on other ways to enable Dark Mode and use it automatically based on sunset/sunrise or your own custom schedule, have a look at our guide.
For more help with getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how-to guide as well as the following articles:
- How to turn off Facebook’s face recognition
- How to check if your Apple Watch is eligible for a free screen replacement
- How to find a lost iPhone, iPad or Mac – even if it’s offline
- How to downgrade from the iOS 13.1 beta
- How to remove a broken headphone plug from your iPhone
- How to read SD and microSD memory cards on iPhone and iPad
- How to extend Apple Watch battery life while traveling
- How to conserve your cellular data use on iPhone and iPad
- Apple Card: How to opt out of the arbitration agreement
- How to add an Infrared remote-controlled accessory to your HomeKit smart home
- How to report and remove iCloud calendar spam