iPad has officially received its own operating system with the arrival of iPadOS 13. One of the many changes includes new Home screen layout options. Follow along for how to make iPad app icons and their text bigger.
You can now fit more apps on the iPad Home screen than ever before. However, some might find the app icons and text becomes too small. There’s an easy way to change the app grid to feature fewer apps that makes them bigger at the same time. This also makes the dock and its apps larger.
You can also use the Bold Text setting to make apps’ text even easier to read.
iPadOS 13: How to make iPad app icons and text bigger
- Open Settings and tap Display & Brightness on the left-hand side
- Swipe down and tap Bigger under “Home Screen Layout”
- You can also choose to enable Bold Text
Note that you can’t keep the Today View on the Home screen when using the “Bigger” Home screen option.
Here’s how the process looks:
Tap Bigger to enlarge the apps on your Home screen. You’ll notice “Keep Today View…” will become grayed out when “Bigger” is chosen.
You can also make app icon text easier to read by tapping the toggle next to Bold Text. However, keep in mind that this will apply across the entire operating system.
Here’s how the Bigger looks compared to the “More” Home screen default.
For more help with getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how-to guide as well as the following articles:
- iPadOS 13: How to use a mouse with your iPad
- How to use the QuickTake video shortcut with iPhone 11 and 11 Pro cameras
- How to take square photos with iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro
- How to use iCloud Keychain to manage and store your passwords
- How to take timed photos with iPhone 11 and 11 Pro Camera app
- How to use burst mode with iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro cameras
- How to use Night mode on iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro
- Did your iOS update fail? Here’s how to troubleshoot
- iOS 13: How to use Dark Mode on iPhone
- iOS 13: How to use Memoji Stickers on iPhone
- iOS 13: How to delete apps on iOS 13 for iPhone and iPad
- iOS 13: How to automatically close Safari tabs on iPhone and iPad
- iOS 13: How to customize ‘Announce Messages with Siri’ alerts
- iOS 13: How to choose profile photo and display name for iMessage
- iOS 13: How to use the new gestures for cut, copy, paste, and undo on iPhone and iPad
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.