Mayo’s new laptop has arrived but he’s not quite ready to talk about it yet. Apple surprises everyone with the announcement of a new self-service repair program coming next year. Apple follows up on macro mode for iPhone 13 with much-welcomed refinements in iOS 15.2. And Twitter wants Services revenue, but also opens the floodgates for third-party clients to exist and — possibly — thrive.
Sponsored by Overland: So don’t wait another day to slip into something way more comfortable. Get the best, highest-quality sheepskin slippers on the market at Overland.com/HAPPYHOUR. You’ll get free shipping and free returns.
Zac Hall @apollozac
Benjamin Mayo @bzamayo
- iOS 15.2 beta no longer disables Face ID on iPhone 13 after screen replacement
- Apple releases iOS 15.1.1 with fixes for dropped calls on iPhone 12 and 13
- You can now search within Apple Music playlists in iOS 15.2
- Apple launches ‘Self Service Repair,’ allowing you to do your own iPhone screen repairs and more
- Apple Music app arrives on LG smart TVs
- Apple developing new ‘SportsKit’ framework as it invests in sports content for Apple TV
- What’s new in iOS 15.2 beta 3? Macro mode tweaks, Apple Arcade, more
- Tweetbot for iOS adds support for limiting replies to tweets, creating polls
- WhatsApp developing universal macOS and iPadOS app with Catalyst
- Safari Technology Preview updated with 120Hz scrolling support on new MacBook Pro
- Twitter makes its new API default for developers; Top Articles now available on iOS
- Amazon releases native Prime Video app for macOS with purchase support and more
Listen to more Happy Hour Episodes
Listen to more 9to5 Podcasts
- Apple @ Work
- Alphabet Scoop
- The Buzz Podcast
- Space Explored
- Rapid Unscheduled Discussions
Enjoy the podcast?
Shop Apple at Amazon to support 9to5Mac Happy Hour!
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.