This week Benjamin and Zac unpack Apple’s October special event including the new MacBook Pro with Touch Bar announcement and much more. 9to5Mac’s Happy Hour podcast is available for download on iTunes and Apple’s Podcasts app, or through our dedicated RSS feed for Overcast and other podcast players.
Note: Subscribing to the podcast feed will guarantee the latest episode is downloaded as soon as possible.
Here’s what we discussed in this episode:
- Apple releases iOS 10.1 with Portrait Mode for iPhone 7 Plus, fixes and improvements for all other devices
- tvOS 10.0.1 software update for Apple TV is now available for everyone
- Apple releases watchOS 3.1 to the public with bug fixes, update through iPhone Watch app
- macOS 10.12.1 software update is now available through the Mac App Store
- Comment: This is the year to pay attention to new MacBook Pros
- Powerbeats 3 wireless earphones now available to buy, featuring W1 chip and 12 hour battery life
- macOS hints at new MacBook Pro’s OLED touch bar on keyboard ahead of Apple’s event
- Welp, Apple leaks its new MacBook Pro with Magic Toolbar ahead of this week’s event
- Apple announces Q4 2016 revenue of $46.9b: 45.5m iPhones, 9.2m iPads, 4.8m Macs
- Live blog: Apple’s fiscal year Q4 2016 earnings call
- More leaked macOS assets show Touch ID on new MacBook Pros w/ unlocking functionality
- Report: Apple to announce new app for Apple TV at tomorrow’s event, a personalized TV show ‘watch list’
- Comment: Microsoft Surface Studio is the company’s answer to Apple’s iMac and Mac Pro
- One day before Mac event, Apple delays AirPods beyond ‘late October’ release
- Report: Apple to unveil universal TV guide tomorrow, aggregates video from various sources … but not Netflix
- Nike+ Run Club updated with Apple Music integration, GPS support for Apple Watch Series 2, more
- MacBook event News Hub/Live Blog: Watch Apple unveil new Macs & more
- Apple announces new ‘TV’ app for Apple TV & iOS, aggregates all TV shows and movies in one place, available in December
- Apple unveils all-new, redesigned MacBook Pros with OLED Touch Bar, larger trackpad, USB-C, more
- Apple announces new lower-end 13-inch MacBook Pro shipping today, thinner, lighter, faster, no Touch Bar
- Apple stops selling legacy SuperDrive-equipped MacBook Pro and 11-inch MacBook Air, MagSafe on the way out
- Apple raises Mac prices across the board in UK following Brexit currency impact, outdated Mac Pro now £500 more
- New MacBook Pro Touch Bar details: UI interactions, screen specs, Control Strip, and how third party apps can use it
Sponsor: eero — An entirely new approach to home WiFi . Use code HAPPYHOUR for free overnight shipping at checkout.
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.