Apple has released the fourth iOS 10.3.3 beta for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. The first beta version only included new wallpapers for the 12.9-inch iPad Pro and no other visible changes. We’ll update with any changes discovered below.
Automate weight logging w/ Health and Siri
iOS 10.3.3 beta 3 is currently available to registered developers; a public beta version for iOS 10.3.3 is also available although today’s update may not be immediately available.
iOS 10.3.3 beta 4 Release Notes:
Notes and Known Issues
Managed and Shared Devices
Updating devices from a remote server is in development and may not work as expected.
When a third party application invokes openURL: on a tel://, facetime://, or facetime-audio:// URL, iOS displays a prompt and requires user confirmation before dialing.
SOS is only supported in India.
Safari now supports the prefers-reduced-motion media query. This query allows a web developer to provide alternate page styles for users who are sensitive to large areas of motion. Users can change their preference for reduced motion in the Accessibility section of System Preferences.
In the iOS 10.3 update, Transport Layer Security (TLS) in Safari and WebKit no longer supports SHA-1 signed certificates that are issued from a root Certification Authority (CA) included in the operating system default trust store. All other TLS connections with SHA-1 signed certificates are deprecated. SHA-1 signed root CA certificates, enterprise-distributed SHA-1 certificates, and user-installed SHA-1 certificates are not affected. For more information, see https:// support.apple.com/kb/HT207459.
For a look back at what changes Apple included with iOS 10.3, check out our hands-on video below:
The iOS 10.3.3 beta is running alongside Apple’s latest iOS 11 beta. iOS 11 is expected to receive a public beta release later this month. Here’s a list of our iOS 11 coverage thus far, including some changes discovered in beta 1 and beta 2:
- Apple releases iOS 11 beta 2 to developers
- How to move multiple iPhone Home screen apps icons on iOS 11 using drag and drop [Video]
- Top 10 QR codes supported by iOS 11
- Podcasts in iOS 11: Interface updates, support for seasons & cleaner titles, Podcast Analytics, more
- Health in iOS 11 & watchOS 4: Diabetes management, insulin delivery, CoreBluetooth, new Workout data & more
- New for Accessibility: ‘Smart Invert Colors’ in iOS 11, macOS onscreen keyboard, text & photo detection for VoiceOver & more
- iOS 11’s new ‘Smart Invert Colors’ is the closest thing to Dark Mode yet
- iOS 11 lets you scan a router’s QR code to quickly join a network
- iOS 11’s new HEIF/HEVC camera formats will save you 50% on storage
- How to enable screen recording on iOS 11 without a computer
- App Store now requires developers to use official API to request app ratings, disallows custom prompts
- iOS 11 allows you to delete rarely-used apps but retain their settings and data
- Apple opening up (some) access to the iPhone’s NFC chip in iOS 11
- Easily share your WiFi with friends on iOS 11, automatically sends passwords to nearby devices
- iOS 11 allows you to play FLAC files, albeit in a clunky way
- 32-bit apps will not launch on iOS 11
- iOS 11 brings Next/Previous Track controls to individual AirPods