One of the most frustrating things is having No Service or being stuck on a cellular tower that may be malfunctioning. Luckily, there’s a way to force your phone to refresh its radios to potentially connect to a better tower.
While this isn’t a 100% workaround, it will resolve most issues, especially if your iPhone or iPad is stuck saying No Service.
iPhone & iPad: How to cycle your Cellular radio
- Swipe up (or down from the right corner if you have an iPhone X) for Control Center.
- Tap on the Airplane Mode icon, wait at least 5 seconds for the radios to completely power off.
- Now tap AirPlane Mode again, and your iPhone or iPad will now be searching for cellular service again.
Note that this won’t work if you are in an area with no coverage from your carrier. It may also help if you have low coverage as it could potentially ping a different tower that may be less congested and have better reception.
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- How to go back on iPhone
- iPhone & iPad: How to view the last time you opened an app
- iPhone & iPad: How to clear cache
- Apple Watch: How to turn off Nightstand mode
- Apple Watch: How to always show last app used on wake screen
- Apple Watch: How to set a passcode
- iPhone: How to toggle tolls or highways in Apple Maps
- iPhone: Calculator app tips and tricks
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.