Depending on your preferences and what app you’re using at any given time, it can be useful for your Apple Watch to always show your last used app on the wake screen. Follow along for how to set this up.
Whoosh! Screen Cleaner
This may not be a feature you’ll want to use all the time, but having the option to always show the last app used on wake is definitely handy, particularly when you’re using a given Watch app a lot, but may be doing so intermittently throughout the day.
How to always show last app used on Apple Watch wake screen
- Open the Apple Watch app on iPhone
- Swipe down and tap General
- Swipe down again and tap on Wake Screen
- Under ‘ON SCREEN WAKE SHOW LAST APP’ select Always
You’re now all set for you last used app to be the default when you raise your wrist.
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- Apple Watch: How to set a passcode
- iPhone: How to toggle tolls or highways in Apple Maps
- iPhone: Calculator app tips and tricks
- Apple Watch: How to activate and manage Cellular Data
- Apple Watch: How to set photo as watch face
- Apple Watch: How to share Activity data with others
- Apple Watch: How to check your passive and total calories burned
- iPhone: How to scan QR codes with iOS 11
- Apple Watch: How to change exercise goal
- Apple Watch: How to turn on and customize the flashlight