The second generation Apple Pencil brought a ton of new and improved features to the stylus. One of the new features is being able to double tap the Pencil to quickly access tools. By default, the double tap gesture switches between your current tool and the eraser.
Follow along to learn how to customize the double tap gesture on Apple Pencil…
How to customize the double tap gesture on Apple Pencil
- Fire up the Settings app.
- Scroll down to Apple Pencil. Tap on it.
- You’ll have four options to choose from: Switch Between Current Tool and Eraser, Switch Between Current Tool and Last Used, Show Color Palette, and Off.
The new Apple Pencil is vastly superior to the original revision which required you to plug it into the Lightning port of the iPad to charge.
Note that this only applies to the latest (second generation) Apple Pencil. The double tap gesture is unavailable on the first generation Apple Pencil (the one with a Lightning port).
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- How to get ‘Animoji’ on older iPhones and iPads without Face ID
- How to add a Santa hat to your Memoji with Animoji on iPhone and iPad
- How to search in the Messages app on iPhone
- How to add weather summary to your iPhone Lock screen
- How to enable Home Screen Sync on Apple TV
- How to turn off and restart iPhone XR, XS, and XS Max
- How to set up Apple Pay on MacBook Air
- How to enable Workout Do Not Distrub on Apple Watch
- How to customize Apple Watch notifications
- How to pair Bluetooth headphones on Apple Watch
- How to sync music and podcasts to Apple Watch from iPhone