Just like a standard pencil, the Apple Pencil tip will need to be replaced every so often. Especially if you use your Apple Pencil on a regular basis. Follow along to learn how to replace your Apple Pencil tip.
How to replace your Apple Pencil tip
- Take your Apple Pencil, and twist the Apple Pencil tip counter-clockwise.
- After a few twists, the tip should come off completely, exposing the golden pins underneath.
- Take your new Apple Pencil tip and twist it clockwise into your current Apple Pencil. Don’t overtighten but make sure the tip is secured firmly.
- Test your Apple Pencil with your iPad.
If you own the first-generation Apple Pencil (the one with the cap and Lightning port), you’ll have a spare tip in the box. If not, you’ll need to shell out $19 for a pack of four.
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- How to access Apple News in any country
- How to charge your Smart Battery Case for iPhone
- How to use Auto Pause on Apple Watch to more accurately track running workouts
- How to restart Finder on Mac
- How to change Mac app icons
- How to enable persistent notifications on iPhone and iPad
- Forgot your Apple ID email? Here’s how to look it up
- How to use your iPad as a secondary Mac display