LTE is a great technology that delivers fast data speeds and on the iPhone, will allow you to have fast data speeds and take a phone call at the same time (varies by carrier). Follow along to learn how to customize LTE settings on iPhone and iPad.
How to customize LTE settings on iPhone and iPad
- Fire up Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options.
- Tap on Enable LTE. You’ll have three options: Off, Voice & Data, and Data Only.
Choosing Off will disable LTE entirely. If your carrier supports it, you’ll have the option to have Voice & Data, which will allow you to have simultaneous voice and data. Data Only unfortunately means that you’ll drop to 4G (HSPA+), 3G or lower when you’re taking a standard phone call. Note that this does not apply to VoIP calls such as FaceTime Audio, Skype, or WhatsApp calls.
On cellular-based iPads, you’ll simply have a toggle to turn LTE on or off. Toggling LTE off will drop your cellular connection to 4G (HSPA+), 3G or even 2G (EDGE) depending on cellular coverage.
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- How to check iOS feature availability in your country
- How to replace your Apple Pencil tip
- How to access Apple News in any country
- How to charge your Smart Battery Case for iPhone
- How to use Auto Pause on Apple Watch to more accurately track running workouts
- How to restart Finder on Mac
- How to change Mac app icons
- How to enable persistent notifications on iPhone and iPad
- Forgot your Apple ID email? Here’s how to look it up