Want to remove the credit or debit card you have on file for your Apple ID and use PayPal instead? Read on for how to change your Apple ID payment method.
If you want to start using PayPal as your primary payment method for your Apple ID, there are several ways do so. We’ll start by looking at the process on iPhone and iPad, then look at how to make the change on the web as well as iTunes.
How to use PayPal your Apple ID payment method
iPhone & iPad
- Open Settings and tap your name
- Choose iTunes & App Store
- Tap your Apple ID at the top, then View Apple ID
- Finally, tap Payment Information, tap PayPal and follow the prompts
Here’s how the process looks:
iTunes on Mac and PC
- Open iTunes and click Account in the menubar at the top of your screen
- Choose View My Account…
- Enter your Apple ID password if required, then click Edit on the right of Payment Type
- Choose PayPal instead of Visa, Mastercard etc.
- When finished, click Done in the bottom right corner
- Head to appleid.apple.com
- Log in and scroll down to Payments & Shipping
- Click Edit on the right hand side
- Click Select Payment Method and choose PayPal
- Click Save in the top right corner when finished
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- How to change your Apple ID payment method
- How to stream March Madness 2019 live on Apple TV, iPhone, iPad, and Mac
- How to get the most money from selling your used AirPods
- How to check the battery health on your MacBook
- How to check battery cycle count on your MacBook
- How to change trackpad and mouse speed on Mac
- How to make folders for the Notes app on iPhone, iPad, and Mac
- How to convert images to PDFs on Mac
- How to convert PNG and TIFF images to JPG on Mac
- How to check Apple Pencil battery level
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.