Taking a screenshot on iPad can be a bit awkward due to size of the tablet(s), what your case situation is, and how you’re using it. Luckily there’s another option, read on for a how to use the neat Apple Pencil screenshot shortcut on iPad.
When Apple Pencil first launched, it was only compatible with the high-end iPads. Now even the entry-level 7th gen iPad is compatible with Apple’s smart stylus and more users than ever can take advantage of it.
Apple Support shared a slick way to boost your efficiency on iPad by using the Apple Pencil screenshot shortcut to quickly take a screengrab and edit it.
How to use Apple Pencil screenshot shortcut on iPad
- Position your Apple Pencil in the bottom corner
- Swipe up at a diagonal
- Now you can edit or markup your screenshot
Notably, the gesture doesn’t work with a finger. If you don’t have an Apple Pencil yet, you can often find them a bit below retail prices on Apple’s Amazon storefront.
Here’s a short video clip of the shortcut in action:
Grab your Apple Pencil ✏️
Start in the bottom corner of your iPad screen 👇
Swipe up diagonally ↗️
And that’s how you take a screenshot with your Apple Pencil. pic.twitter.com/iK2xrnrp5U
— Apple Support (@AppleSupport) December 19, 2019
Read more 9to5Mac tutorials:
iPhone & iPad:
- What is mini LED and what could it mean for iPad and MacBook?
- How to find out when your iPhone 11 camera is using Deep Fusion
- How to quickly select, move, and delete notes on iPhone and iPad with two-finger tap
- How to remove Memoji Stickers from your iPhone keyboard
- How to use the Deep Fusion iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro camera feature
- iOS 13: How to use custom fonts on iPhone and iPad
- How to edit messages on iPhone and iPad with two-finger tap
- How to use the ‘Remind when messaging’ feature on iPhone, iPad, and Mac
- How to use the ultra wide camera on iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro
- macOS: How to set up Force Click with a Logitech MX Master mouse
- Selling your MacBook? Here’s how to repair the butterfly keyboard for free and get more money
- How to check iPad and Mac Sidecar requirements
- How to create a bootable macOS Catalina 10.15 USB install drive [Video]
- How to sync iPhone and iPad to your Mac in macOS Catalina without iTunes
- How to get AirPods Pro ear tip replacements
- How to clean your dirty AirPods Pro and charging case
- AirPods Pro: How to customize Force Sensor controls
- AirPods Pro: How to use Ear Tip Fit Test and change tips
- AirPods Pro: How to use noise cancellation and Transparency mode
- AirPods Pro vs Powerbeats Pro: How specs, size, price, and more compare
- What’s the difference in AirPods and AirPods Pro? Here’s how size, price, and features compare
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.