Along with the other changes Reminders received with iOS 13, iPadOS 13, and macOS Catalina, there’s a useful new way to get a nudge about a reminder you’ve set when using the Messages app. Follow along for how to use the “Remind when messaging” feature on iPhone, iPad, and Mac.
Another subtle yet handy feature is to set a reminder to trigger when you text someone in the Messages app.
How to use the ‘Remind when messaging’ feature on iPhone, iPad, and Mac
- Open Reminders and add a new reminder or tap an existing one
- Tap the “i” icon to the right of your reminder
- Enable Remind me when messaging by tapping the toggle
- Tap Choose Person
- Select someone from your contacts
- Tap Done in the top right corner
Here’s how these steps look:
Now you can select a contact:
The next time you message the person you selected in Reminders, you’ll get an alert for your reminder. Give a tap on the notification if you’d like to mark the reminder as completed.
The process is the same on Mac, just click the “i” icon to the right of a reminder to enable Remind me when messaging.
Another neat feature to take advantage of across iPhone, iPad, and Mac is adding photos into reminders.
Read more 9to5Mac tutorials:
- How to get started with and use Voice Control in macOS Catalina
- How to check iPad and Mac Sidecar requirements
- How to set up Screen Time on your Mac in macOS Catalina
- How to get your Mac ready for macOS Catalina
- How to create a bootable macOS Catalina 10.15 USB install drive [Video]
- How to sync iPhone and iPad to your Mac in macOS Catalina without iTunes
iPhone & iPad:
- iOS 13: How to use Reader View on iPhone and iPad
- How to change icons and colors for Reminders Lists on iPhone, iPad, and Mac
- How to make subtasks and sublists with Reminders in iOS 13 and macOS Catalina
- How to get started with and use ‘Sign in with Apple’ on iPhone, iPad, and Mac
- How to share your location on iPhone and more with the Find My app
- How to check if your iPhone 6s is eligible for Apple’s new repair program
- iPadOS 13: How to make iPad app icons and text bigger
- How to use the ultra wide camera on iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro
- How to use iCloud Keychain to manage and store your passwords
- How to take timed photos with iPhone 11 and 11 Pro Camera app
- How to use Night mode on iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.