So many of Apple’s products either rely on or benefit from wireless Bluetooth connectivity these days that viewing Bluetooth’s roadmap is almost like viewing features for future Apple devices and accessories. Today the Bluetooth Special Interest Group has shared details on updates planned for the wireless connectivity technology in 2016 including improvements to range, transfer speed, and smart applications. Future and potentially even current Apple devices will certainly benefit as a result. expand full story
improvements Stories November 11, 2015
improvements Stories June 6, 2015
The App Store has been around since iOS 2.0 (back when iOS was still called iPhone OS), and has undergone a variety of changes since it was launched. Aside from countless new features that have been added over time, the store has also seen several redesigns.
With iOS 9 set to be announced on Monday, let’s take a look at some ways Apple could simplify the App Store interface while making it more consistent with other apps and adding some much needed functionality tweaks.
The best 4K & 5K displays for Mac
improvements Stories February 7, 2014
Infuse 2.2 for iOS incoming with new features & performance improvements
We were quite impressed with the redesigned Infuse media player from developers FireCore when it first launched version 2 last month. The app, which supports 14 video formats and 1080p playback, is today getting an update to version 2.2 with a few notable new features and performance enhancements.
The update includes some features highly requested by users including the ability to download files form network shares for offline playback, as well as new “rich cover art and video info” when browsing network shares. Other new features include a new list view option, a volume boost setting, and an option to disable metadata fetching.
A full list of improvements in today’s update below:
- Download files from network shares (for offline playback)
- Browse network shares with rich cover art and video info
- List view option
- Volume boost setting
- Option to disable metadata fetching (good for home videos)
- Improved streaming speed and reliability
- Improved detection of network devices
- Improved clarity of In-App purchase prompts
- Improved playback of some video formats
- Other performance and stability improvements
The Infuse 2.2 update should be hitting the App Store any minute.
improvements Stories November 14, 2013
This morning, Apple has released iOS 7.0.4 for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. The update is a bug fix release with improvements. Apple notes that the update includes a fix for FaceTime calls that could fail for some users. The update is available over-the-air via the Software Update section in the iOS Settings app…
improvements Stories June 4, 2013
Meet the new inbox: If you’ve enabled the new inbox, your mail is now grouped into categories so that you can see what’s new at a glance and decide which emails you want to read when. Primary mail is shown first and it’s easy to access and keep track of email in other categories by opening the menu. Configure this feature by going to Gmail.com on your computer.
Today’s Gmail update also brings improved notifications allowing you to customize what emails you receive notifications for: expand full story
improvements Stories April 23, 2013
Apple updates iAd Producer with support for iBooks Author widgets, iTunes LPs, iTunes Extras, more
You can create an iBooks Author widget for use in your iBooks Author projects. For example, you can create a widget that allows users to stream video from the Internet, draw using their finger, or interact with a timeline.
A full list of what’s new in iAd Producer 4.0 including: folder-based organization support, new HTML, Stack, Drawing, and Panorama objects, in-app quick previews, CSS filter support for objects, and much more below:
New in iAd Producer 4.0
This release contains a number of new features and improvements
- Improved Object library interface
- Improved Actions library interface
- Support for folder-based organization in the asset library
- New HTML, Stack, Drawing, and Panorama objects
- New actions for adding and removing CSS classes, animating background position, animating image masks, and text slide-in animation
- Support for applying CSS filters as well as image and gradient masks to objects.
- In-app quick preview
- Project-wide search in the Code Editor
- Better export performance
- Improved menu layout
- Improved font support, including support for OpenType fonts
- Improved rulers and alignment guides
- Enhanced inspectors, with pop-up color pickers, and gradient sliders that now represent opacity
- Support for QuickLook previews in iAd Producer project files
- Support for iTunes LP, iTunes Extras, and iBook Author widget project types
- Other fixes and improvements