With iOS 11.4, Apple introduced AirPlay 2 which allows users to create a multi-room experience with AirPlay 2-enabled speakers and devices. Follow along to learn how to create a multi-room AirPlay 2 experience on your iPhone or iPad.
How to create a multi-room AirPlay 2 experience on iPhone and iPad
- On an iPad running iOS 12 or above, or an iPhone X or newer, swipe down from the top right of the screen. Otherwise, swipe up from the bottom of the screen.
- Tap and hold on the Now Playing card to get expanded options. Tap on the AirPlay icon and tap on the circle next to each of the AirPlay targets you’d like to share audio with.
- Tap the Play/Pause icon to return to the main Now Playing card and tap the play button to start playing audio.
During AirPlay 2 playback, feel free to remove any speakers from the list as AirPlay works on the fly and will not disrupt any other speakers currently playing audio via AirPlay 2.
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- How to check your iPhone trade-in value
- How to use dark mode with Apple Books on iPhone and iPad
- How to add HomeKit support to your webOS TV with HomeBridge and iOS 12.2
- How to permanently delete your WhatsApp account
- How to deactivate or delete your Facebook account or change privacy settings on iPhone
- How to delete or temporarily disable your Instagram account
- How to delete lists in Reminders on iPhone and iPad
- How to adjust brightness on Apple Watch
- How to recycle electronics of any brand at Apple, Best Buy, and Staples
- How to turn off FaceTime on your iPhone, iPad, and Mac
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.