Need to power off your iPad Pro, but aren’t sure where the power button is? Read on for how to turn off your iPad Pro in two easy steps.
As you may have noticed, pressing and holding the Top button (previously called Sleep/Wake button) on a 2018 iPad Pro activates Siri. So there’s one extra step to getting your iPad to power down.
Also, if your Top button is broken, there’s also the option to turn off your iPad (and iPhone) via software in settings.
Where is the power button on iPad Pro?
- Look from the oblong button on top of your iPad Pro (near the rear camera)
- Press the Top button down at the same time as the volume up or down button
- Release the buttons when you see the power off screen
- Swipe the power slider to turn your iPad off
On any iPad with a Home button, you can just press and hold the Top button to get the power off screen.
Read more about the buttons and switches on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch on Apple’s support document here.
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- Where is the power button on Apple Watch?
- Where is the power button on iPhone X, XS, and XR?
- Here’s how to cancel your Apple News+ trial and avoid a $10 charge
- How to check what apps have read and write access to iPhone photos
- How to change your Instagram password on iPhone
- How to change your Facebook password on iPhone
- How to apply OCR to PDFs on Mac
- How to check iPhone photo orientation before taking a picture
- How to turn off shake to undo on iPhone
- How to change your passcode on iPhone and iPad
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.