Because it’s a wearable, Apple Watch is naturally the best fit for a variety of use cases when you need access to a device quickly. Follow along for a few ways to use Apple Watch to discover songs.
Apple Watch is often the closest device within reach so it’s nice to expand the things you can accomplish with it. Especially in the cases when you only have a few moments to figure out what a track is, Apple Watch comes in handy.
Let’s take a look at how to discover songs quickly with Siri and for a richer experience, the Apple-owned Shazam.
How to use Apple Watch to discover songs
- Ask Siri “what song is this?” or use a command as simple as “name this song”
- Siri on Apple Watch is relatively good about accurately identifying songs, however, you don’t get any rich features like being able to play it/view it in Apple Music
- If you don’t have it already, Shazam is a free download from the App Store
- Open Shazam on your Apple Watch
- Tap the blue Shazam button to identify a song
The big benefit of using Shazam on Apple Watch instead of just Siri is all of your discovered songs are saved and synced to your Shazam Library on iPhone. From there you can browse music you’ve identified and add it to Apple Music.
Another nice touch on Apple Watch with Shazam is you can play the track you’ve identified and also see album artwork, you don’t get either of those features when discovering music with Siri from your wrist.
Read more 9to5Mac tutorials:
iPhone & iPad:
- iPhone: How to turn off Live Photos for existing pictures
- iPhone: How to remove location data from photos and videos before sharing
- iPhone: 5 tips to declutter and organize apps, emails, messages, photos, more
- How to use the Apple Pencil screenshot shortcut on iPad
- How to find out when your iPhone 11 camera is using Deep Fusion
- How to use the Deep Fusion iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro camera feature
- How to edit messages on iPhone and iPad with two-finger tap
- How to use the ultra wide camera on iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro
- Audio not working for one of your AirPods? Here’s how to fix it
- How to get AirPods Pro ear tip replacements
- How to clean your dirty AirPods Pro and charging case
- AirPods Pro: How to customize Force Sensor controls
- AirPods Pro: How to use Ear Tip Fit Test and change tips
- AirPods Pro: How to use noise cancellation and Transparency mode
- AirPods Pro vs Powerbeats Pro: How specs, size, price, and more compare
- What’s the difference in AirPods and AirPods Pro? Here’s how size, price, and features compare
- Mac: How to fix and restart the Touch Bar when it stops working
- How to delete iPhone backups in macOS Catalina
- macOS Catalina: How to master Dark Mode for Mac
- How to force iMessage to sync with iCloud on Mac
- macOS: How to set up Force Click with a Logitech MX Master mouse
- How to check iPad and Mac Sidecar requirements
- How to create a bootable macOS Catalina 10.15 USB install drive [Video]
- How to sync iPhone and iPad to your Mac in macOS Catalina without iTunes
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.