The long-awaited Studio Display firmware update is out to fix all the problems with the webcam — or so some would believe — and Apple debuted the new Self Service Repair Store. Benjamin and Zac also discuss the newest developments with Apple Pay Cash, the App Store old app purge, and more.
Sponsored by Kolide: Got Slack? Got Macs? Get Kolide: Device security that fixes challenging problems by messaging your users on Slack. Try Kolide Today!
Sponsored by New Relic: That next 9:00 p.m. call is just waiting to happen, get New Relic before it does! You can get access to the whole New Relic platform and 100GB of data free, forever – no credit card required. Sign up at NewRelic.com/happyhour.
Zac Hall @apollozac
Benjamin Mayo @bzamayo
- Apple Cash replaces Discover with Visa for new virtual debit card accounts
- EU set to announce new anticompetitive charges against Apple, targeting dominance of Apple Pay in iPhone
- Apple now removing outdated apps from the App Store, developers complain
- Apple-funded study claims App Store Search ads business doesn’t benefit from App Tracking Transparency rules
- Apple releases Studio Display Firmware 15.5 beta for developers, webcam fixes included
- Here’s how to update the Apple Studio Display and improve your webcam quality
- Studio Display webcam complaints are fair, but the importance is being overblown
- Apple Self Service Repair store now available, allowing customers to repair their own iPhones for the first time
- iFixit praises Apple Self Service Repair program, but says it falls short of Right to Repair goals
- Here’s where to download Apple’s official iPhone repair manuals for free
- Apple beats estimates with record Q2 earnings: $97.3 billion revenue
- Apple services subscribers grow 25% to new high of 825 million
- AAPL Q3 2022 will be tough, says company, for five reasons
- Could the iPhone 14 lineup mark the return of the ‘Plus’ branding?
Listen to more Happy Hour Episodes
Listen to more 9to5 Podcasts
Enjoy the podcast?
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.