Silver aluminum, once the defining look of Apple products, has been met with increasing variety over the last several years by a range of colors and finishes that customers can choose from. One of the earliest and most popular options – space gray – has permeated across almost every product line Apple offers.
Space Gray Stories April 16, 2018
Space Gray Stories April 20, 2016
Poll: Should Apple give its other products the rose gold/gold/space gray treatment?
Yesterday Apple updated its 12-inch MacBook with some refreshed internal components and new a rose gold color. We already heard you loud and clear when we asked if Apple should bring new color options with the iPhone 7, but should it also give its other products and accessories the rose gold, gold, space gray treatment?
Space Gray Stories September 29, 2015
$450 for a prepaid iPhone 6s seems like a typo, but Boost Mobile is making it happen
Update (10/1 1:00pm): Boost Mobile has announced new monthly plans with “growing data.” When enrolled in one of these plans you’ll earn an extra 500MB of high-speed monthly data (up to 3GB) for every 3 on-time payments you make.
Apple’s latest flagship iPhone isn’t even a week old yet, but it’s already getting its first significant discount. Boost Mobile (a pre-paid arm of Sprint’s Network) offers the 16GB iPhone 6s in Space Gray for $549.99 (already $100 below list), but applying coupon code B6677847 during checkout drops your final price down to just $449.99 with free shipping. That’s $199.01 below Apple’s retail price and a pretty crazy deal for such a new release. This iPhone comes free from any contracts, but is locked to Boost Mobile’s service. Prepaid plans with unlimited data, talk, and text start at just
$35 $30 per month so it is actually a pretty solid deal all the way around if you live in a good Sprint coverage area.
iPhone 6s features 3D Touch, 4K video recording, Live Photos, and more as we’re sure you already know.
More Apple deals via 9to5Toys:
Space Gray Stories September 25, 2015
Ben’s six hours ahead of me in the UK and had fallen in love with his iPhone 6s before I rolled out of bed, but UPS held my iPhone 6s Plus as requested so I was able to pick it up and spend the morning trying it out before the usual evening delivery. 3D Touch, Live Photos, 4K video, 60 fps 1080p video, faster hardware… it’s all great, but moving from the 4.7-inch screen to the 5.5-inch screen is the real reason I upgraded.
I moved from 2-year commitments to AT&T Next last year so the upgrade process was mostly painless. I would have used Apple’s iPhone Upgrade Plan if it weren’t for the need to complete the process at the Apple Store; that’s a 90 minute drive compared to the UPS center 10 minutes away, but maybe next year they’ll support web orders.
That being said, the move from an iPhone 6 to an iPhone 6s Plus is a dramatic one even before you consider the new features and enhancements. I also opted for space gray after trying gold for a year; my wife naturally picked rose gold while making the same switch from iPhone 6 to iPhone 6s Plus. So what’s changed year over year for iPhone and how does that new finish look in the real world? Read on for answers… expand full story
Space Gray Stories August 27, 2015
Earlier this year, reports began to suggest that Apple would launch the iPhone 6S and iPhone 6S Plus in an additional color beyond the Space Gray, Silver, and Gold options that have been available in the popular iPhone 6 and iPhone 5s. Since then, there have been conflicting rumors regarding Apple’s color choice: some (including the Wall Street Journal) have claimed that the new iPhones would come in “pink,” while some analysts have referred to the color as “Rose Gold” (the discrepancy could be attributed to the similarity between colors). Today, our sources have confirmed that the new iPhones will actually come in a color that is unmistakably Rose Gold in both appearance and name…
Space Gray Stories August 18, 2015
Over the weekend, we learned some preliminary details about Apple’s planned updates for two of their most popular Mac accessories, the Apple Wireless Keyboard and Magic Mouse, in the form of FCC filings. Aside from new and improved connectivity thanks to Bluetooth 4.2, both accessories appear to have design deviations from their existing models, as detailed by the rough sketches accompanying the FCC filings. Based on these sketches, I decided to more fully visualize the changes Apple could be planning for an all new and more modern wireless keyboard based on other modern Apple product designs.
Space Gray Stories May 15, 2015
Space Gray Stories April 10, 2015
In addition to opening pre-order sales for the upcoming Apple Watch and launching the new 12-inch Retina MacBook, Apple has refreshed its Beats Solo2 wireless headphone lineup with three new color options: gold, silver, and space gray to match your iPhone, iPad, new MacBook, or Apple Watch… expand full story
Space Gray Stories March 12, 2015
If you are like us, probably the toughest decision you are facing this year is figuring out which new Retina MacBook color you will be getting. The buying process otherwise is more like buying an iPad than a Mac with only 2 speed/storage models.
Will you match your Space Gray iPad and iPhone and now Apple Watch? Or, will you sport the same silver of the Macs that actually do some real work? Will you go off the grid and show your lawyer/banker colleagues who is boss with the gold model?
It is a tough and important call because you WILL be judged – you can’t just embarrassingly hide a MacBook in a wallet case like my Gold iPhone. You’ve had a few days to mull it over. So what’s it going to be?
Apple supply chain buyers, this ^^^ data is on us. Feel free to send any leftover MacBooks as compensation. expand full story
Space Gray Stories September 11, 2014
New rumor claims 12-inch Retina MacBook Air will come in space gray and gold
If you’ve just been dying to get your hands on a gold MacBook Air, a new rumor floating around the web is sure to make your day. According to a tech website aptly named A Tech Website, the long-rumored line of 12-inch MacBook Airs that are expected to be released next year will be available not only in the usual silver, but also in iPhone-style “space gray” and gold.
This seemingly insane claim allegedly comes from “someone familiar with Apple’s plans.” More reliable sources have previously claimed that we’ll see a 12-inch MacBook Air sporting a Retina display sometime in 2015, possibly with a fanless design thanks to a more power-efficient processor.
Space Gray Stories August 19, 2014
9to5Toys Last Call: iPad Air 64GB WiFi $580, Sonos Play:1 $170, JBL Charge Bluetooth speaker $100, more
Today’s can’t miss deals:
Last Call Updates:
- Media: Captain America early iTunes/3D Blu-ray deal, Chuck complete series on Blu-ray $67, more
- Samsung introduces the new Level Box mini Bluetooth speaker w/ 25 hours of battery life and deep app integration
- Foscam Wireless Pan and Tilt Network Camera $50 shipped (orig. $150)
- TCL Roku-enabled HDTV available today for pre-order
- Home Deals: Black & Decker 83 piece drill kit $65, Smartphone controlled scale $23, kitchen items, vacs, more
- Apple iPad Air 64GB WiFi (Silver or Space Gray) $580 shipped (Reg. $699)
- Apple iPad mini for $199 (33% off) goes live at Target stores
- The Apple Store now sells an $89 refurbished iPod touch and it may actually be worth your time/money
- Apple giving out five Newsstand magazines a day till Aug. 22 in the UK
- Apple cuts prices of all Beats by Dre products by 10% through Aug. 23rd
Sonos Play:1 Wireless Music System (black) $170 shipped (Reg. $200)
Other new deals:
- New! Daily Deals: Panasonic 55″ SmartTV $800, HP 14″ Chromebook w/4G: $200, more
- New! Games/Apps: 50% off Reflex Vintage Cam & PDF Reader, iOS freebies, more
- New! Logitech Harmony smart control $100 shipped (Reg. $130)
- New! Powerline kits: D-Link AV500 Mini $30 shipped (Reg. $40+), more
- New! Amazon Fire TV streaming media player $85 shipped (Reg. $99)
- New! Amazon Coins 20% off: save on Android apps/games
More tech deals still alive:
- Jabra REVO Corded Stereo Headphones: $70 shipped (orig. $200)
- Brother Laser Multi-Function $100 (Reg. $149), Brother 4-in-1 $50 (Reg. $100)
- Nike clearance extra 25% off: save on NFL/MLB fan gear, sports apparel, more
- Monitors: Samsung SD590 Series 24″ $199/27″ $243 (Reg. $260/$300), more
- WD 4TB My Cloud Mirror personal cloud storage $300 shipped (reg. $400)
- Bowers & Wilkins Z2 AirPlay speaker w/ Lightning dock $200 shipped (orig. $400)
- USB Battery Roundup: Anker 13000mAh $30, more
- RAVPower Element 10400mAh external power bank: $25 shipped (Reg. $36)
- Olloclip 4-in-1 Lens System & Quick-Flip Case for iPhone 5/5s $45 shipped (orig. $100)
- Home Deals: Mint auto robotic floor cleaner $120, Cuisinart Grind-and-Brew $60, more
- Amazon fashion coupon 20% off clothing, shoes, watches, and more
- Home Deals: Cuisinart Stainless 13-Piece Cookware Set $135 (orig. $450), more
- Home Deals: Breville Hemisphere Control Blender (refurb) $105 ($200 new), more
New products/ongoing promos:
- DSTRUX iOS app makes it safe to share risqué photos on Facebook
- LEGO Fusion brings your physical creations to life inside of companion mobile apps
- Award-winning MacLovin’ Bundle $40
- Review: Omaker MOMI Ultra Portable Metallic Wireless BT Speaker: $16 (Orig. $80)
- Philips introduces new $30 iOS/Android-controlled Wifi Hue bulb, now available for preorder
- New LED laden shower head packs a waterproof Bluetooth speaker
- Introducing the OM/ONE: The world’s first floating Bluetooth speaker
- GeckoEye is a mini solar powered surveillance cam that can be mounted “anywhere”
- Jabra Stealth Bluetooth headset goes next level with Siri and Google Now control
- Timex introduces its ‘no phone required’ Ironman GPS One+ smartwatch
- Navdy HUD may finally make it safe to tweet and drive, save 40% when you preorder
Space Gray Stories October 24, 2013
Silently announced alongside the new iPad Air and iPad mini with Retina display, Apple has begun selling a Space Gray version of the first-generation, non-Retina display iPad mini at its physical retail stores.
Sources say that the model is now available via several Apple Stores, but not every store. Interested customers should call their store to ensure availability…
Space Gray Stories September 21, 2013
I managed to pick up an iPhone 5s yesterday and have been trying out its new features and enhancements. Here’s my review of the device after using it for 24 hours…
Space Gray Stories September 18, 2013
NWE has a decent track-record in leaked parts, and it seems likely that Apple would adopt the same colors for the new iPads as for the iPhone 5s. If you were wondering what the iPad Mini might look like in Apple’s new champagne color, Martin Hajek has created some renders. I’m not taken with the look myself – let us know your thoughts in the comments.
More photos below … expand full story