Ahead of WWDC officially kicking off next week, Apple has started decorating the McEnery Convention Center in San Jose, California. The company has begun hanging banners on the outside of the building touting the developer conference, though we’ve not yet gotten a peak inside…
The signage hung on the outside resembles the initial WWDC announcement, depicting an overhead shot if people in colorful outfits. Apple has also hung various smaller banners around the outside of the venue on lamp posts. Images shared on Twitter show the “calm before the storm” as Apple braces for an onslaught of 5,000 developers next week.
Apple typically hangs banners inside the building showcasing specific operating system updates, such as iOS 11 and macOS 10.13. Those banners are usually covered with black cloth until after Apple’s initial keynote, though we will likely see pictures of their existence sooner rather than later.
Stay tuned next week where we’ll have full coverage of Apple’s Worldwide Developer Conference. The company will kick things off with a keynote at 10AM PT on Monday, where it is expected to announce iOS 11, macOS 10.13, watchOS 4, tvOS 11, the long-rumored Siri Speaker, a new 10.5-inch iPad, and a refreshed MacBook lineup. Head below for all of our WWDC pre-event coverage.
Let us know what you’re most excited to see down in the comments.
- Apple will live stream WWDC 2017 keynote on June 5 at 10AM PT
- Apple begins inviting press to WWDC 2017 keynote scheduled for June 5 10AM PT
- WWDC roundup: Apple readies MacBook upgrades across the board, new software
- WWDC roundup: Concepts imagine what iOS 11 could bring to iPhone & iPad [Videos]
- WWDC roundup: Apple prepares new 10.5-inch iPad Pro & possibly other iPad updates for next week
- Apple promoting developer community events in San Jose during WWDC week
- WWDC Wishlist: How Apple Watch could improve with watchOS 4
- WWDC Wishlist: How iPhone and iPad could improve with iOS 11
- WWDC Wishlist: How Mac could improve with macOS 10.13
- WWDC Wishlist: How CarPlay could improve with iOS 11
- WWDC Wishlist: How Apple TV could improve with tvOS 11
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.