Screenshots are essential on devices such as smartphones, tablets or computers. However, the Apple Watch is also capable of taking screenshots. In more recent versions of watchOS, Apple has disabled the ability to take a screenshot by default. Follow along to learn how to enable screenshots on Apple Watch.
How to enable screenshots on Apple Watch
- Fire up the Watch app on your iPhone.
- Scroll down to General.
- Scroll down near the bottom. You’ll then see a toggle for Enable Screenshots. Turn it on.
Now you’ll be able to take a screenshot on Apple Watch. To do so, press the Digital Crown and the Side button at the same time. To turn off screenshots, just toggle Enable Screenshots off and pressing the Digital Crown and Side button at the same time will do nothing. This is useful if you don’t take many screenshots on Apple Watch and are often taking screenshots on accident.
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- How to change or turn off Apple Watch passcode
- How to customize double tap gesture on Apple Pencil
- How to get ‘Animoji’ on older iPhones and iPads without Face ID
- How to add a Santa hat to your Memoji with Animoji on iPhone and iPad
- How to search in the Messages app on iPhone
- How to add weather summary to your iPhone Lock screen
- How to enable Home Screen Sync on Apple TV
- How to turn off and restart iPhone XR, XS, and XS Max
- How to set up Apple Pay on MacBook Air
- How to enable Workout Do Not Distrub on Apple Watch
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.