Update: iOS 13.1 and iPadOS 13.1 developer beta 2 now available, as well as tvOS 13 beta 9. Apple is also releasing iOS 13.1 and iPadOS 13.1 public beta 2 today.
Apple will release the second developer beta of iOS 13.1 today. This comes after Apple kicked off the iOS 13.1 beta testing process last week.
Apple’s public beta builds should follow at a later date after the latest developer beta has been tested in the wild.
The focus of iOS 13.1 is adding back features that were removed from iOS 13 beta testing, such as Shortcuts Automations and Share ETA in Maps. Both of those features are present in iOS 13.1.
This does not mean that Apple is skipping the release of iOS 13 entirely. We still expect iOS 13 to be released to the public later this month, with iOS 13.1 to follow sometime down the line.
As we dive deeper into iOS 13.1, we’ll be sure to update with what has changed from the first beta. You can let us know of any changes you spot down in the comments or on Twitter, @9to5Mac.
If you want to downgrade from the iOS 13.1 beta, learn how to do so here. Curious what Apple’s major software versions will do for your iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Apple TV, and Mac? Catch up on 9to5Mac’s coverage below:
- Hands-on with iOS 13.1 beta 1 changes and features [Video]
- Hands-on with 200+ iOS 13 changes and features [Video]
- Hands-on with 50 new iPadOS 13 changes and features [Video]
- Previewing CarPlay in iOS 13: Light mode, new and improved apps, more
- Hands-on: 80+ watchOS 6 changes and features [Video]
- tvOS 13 Guide
- Hands-on: macOS Catalina top features [Video]
- Download iOS 13’s HomeKit Home app wallpapers for iPhone and iPad
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.