Want to find the serial number of your AirPods Pro? Follow along for a few different ways to look it up.
Apple has removed serial numbers from the backs of its devices like its iPhones and Apple Watches, but AirPods Pro feature them printed inside the charging cases. However, if the serial number is too small to read or has worn off, we’ll cover a couple of different ways to find your serial number.
How to find your AirPods Pro serial number
Inside of your AirPods Pro case
- If you have your AirPods Pro wireless charging case handy, flip open the lid
- On the inside of the top portion, above the left AirPod Pro look for the small print
- You should see your serial number at the top
On your iPhone
- With your AirPods Pro connected to your iPhone head to Settings
- Make sure your AirPods are connected
- Now head to General → About → AirPods which is toward the bottom (AirPods Pro will only show up when they are connected to your iPhone and active)
If you don’t have your AirPods handy and need to find the serial number before you can get back to them, you can call 800.APL.CARE to see if they can look it up for you.
You’ll also find your AirPods Pro serial number on the original packaging.
As noted by Apple, each AirPod Pro also has its own unique serial number, but you’ll want to use the one on the case in most instances.
With AirPods (2nd generation) and AirPods Pro, each AirPod also has its own serial number, printed on the AirPod itself. If you need to send your AirPods or charging case in for service, refer to the primary serial number, printed on the case lid. You don’t need the serial numbers on the AirPods.
Read more 9to5Mac tutorials:
- How to get AirPods Pro ear tip replacements
- How to clean your dirty AirPods Pro and charging case
- AirPods Pro: How to customize Force Sensor controls
- AirPods Pro: How to use Ear Tip Fit Test and change tips
- AirPods Pro: How to use noise cancellation and Transparency mode
- AirPods Pro vs Powerbeats Pro: How specs, size, price, and more compare
- What’s the difference in AirPods and AirPods Pro? Here’s how size, price, and features compare
iPhone & iPad:
- What is mini LED and what could it mean for iPad and MacBook?
- How to find out when your iPhone 11 camera is using Deep Fusion
- How to quickly select, move, and delete notes on iPhone and iPad with two-finger tap
- How to remove Memoji Stickers from your iPhone keyboard
- How to use the Deep Fusion iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro camera feature
- iOS 13: How to use custom fonts on iPhone and iPad
- How to edit messages on iPhone and iPad with two-finger tap
- How to use the ‘Remind when messaging’ feature on iPhone, iPad, and Mac
- How to use the ultra wide camera on iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro
- How to restore deleted iCloud contacts, calendars, and bookmarks
- Getting the 16-inch MacBook Pro? Here’s how to wipe your MacBook before selling or giving it away
- Selling your MacBook? Here’s how to repair the butterfly keyboard for free and get more money
- How to check iPad and Mac Sidecar requirements
- How to create a bootable macOS Catalina 10.15 USB install drive [Video]
- How to sync iPhone and iPad to your Mac in macOS Catalina without iTunes
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.