During Apple’s State of the Union and 15th annual Apple Design Awards, Apple explained that the App Store Review Guidelines would be receiving new updates this year. Currently on Apple’s own App Store Review Guidelines page there are two different guidelines listed, pre- and post- June 13,2016. Apple has decided to take these changes one step further into a partnership with Madefire. At the end of the Apple Design Award ceremony this year, Apple announced a collaboration with Madefire to make reading the newly updated guidelines easier. By releasing it as a comic book.
Update: Within two hours, Apple has now confirmed that all tickets to WWDC 2012 are sold out.
Apple just announced the June 11 kickoff date for its Worldwide Developer Conference at the Moscone Convention Center. Developers should buy their tickets as soon as possible here. ($1,599 each—Hope your app is doing well!) (Also, do not forget to book your hotel.)
Apple is also offering a scholarship program this year for young developers ages 13 and older:
“We have a great WWDC planned this year and can’t wait to share the latest news about iOS and OS X Mountain Lion with developers,” said Philip Schiller, Apple’s senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing. “The iOS platform has created an entirely new industry with fantastic opportunities for developers across the country and around the world.”
Activities at Apple’s WWDC 2012 include:
- more than 100 technical sessions presented by Apple engineers on a wide range of technology-specific topics for developing, deploying and integrating the latest iOS and OS X technologies;
- 100 hands-on labs staffed by more than 1,000 Apple engineers providing developers with code-level assistance, insight into optimal development techniques and guidance on how they can make the most of iOS and OS X technologies in their apps;
- the opportunity to connect with thousands of fellow iOS and OS X developers from around the world—last year more than 60 countries were represented;
- engaging and inspirational lunchtime sessions with leading minds and influencers from the worlds of technology, science and entertainment; and
- Apple Design Awards which recognize iPhone®, iPad® and Mac® apps that demonstrate technical excellence, innovation and outstanding design.
Press release follows: expand full story