This week Benjamin and Zac discuss running a half marathon with Apple Watch Series 3 and AirPods, Apple’s first Folio Case for iPhone X, Jony Ive returning to lead day-to-day design, a quick TV app review, Apple buying Shazam, HomeKit’s vulnerability and iOS 11.2.1, and the iMac Pro’s debut.
New episodes of Happy Hour are recorded every week. Subscribe to our podcast to guarantee new episodes are delivered as soon as they’re available.
Here’s what we discussed in this episode:
- Many iPhone users suffering from random reboots & crashes due to date/time bug affecting notifications
- Apple releases iOS 11.2 with date crashing fix, Apple Pay Cash included, other changes
- Apple Pay Cash now rolling out on iOS 11.2 for non-beta users
- How to set up and use Apple Pay Cash
- watchOS 4.2 for Apple Watch now available with Apple Pay Cash support
- AudioBridge for Mac lets you easily AirPlay to Sonos from any app
- Apple and Stanford begin Heart Study to detect irregular heart rhythms using Watch
- Apple mistakenly starts promoting Amazon Prime Video for Apple TV ahead of release [U]
- Amazon Prime Video app rolling out to Apple TV App Store
- Prime Video catches Apple TV up with smart TVs, but these two features are still missing
- Apple rebrands iTunes Movies with new @AppleTV account on Twitter
- tvOS 11.2 with new HDR and frame rate options now available for Apple TV 4K
- Apple TV 4K will support Dolby Atmos surround sound eventually, YouTube app doesn’t show 4K video
- Changes to Apple’s ‘Search Ads’ bring more options for developers
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.