After an extensive beta testing period, Apple officially announced today that it will release iOS 12 to the public on September 17th. iOS 12 includes a host of improvements for iPhone and iPad users, including performance enhancements, ARKit features, and more.
Apple originally announced iOS 12 back at WWDC in June. The company has since gone through an extensive public and developer beta testing period.
iOS 12 includes numerous new features for iPhone and iPad users. Apple touts that one of its biggest focuses with the release is in regards to performance on older devices. Apps launch 40 percent faster, the keyboard appears 50 percent, and the camera opens up to 70 percent faster.
Further, iOS 12 includes a new AR-Kit based app from Apple called ‘Measure,’ which allows users to measure things just using their iPhone. There’s also a new Siri Shortcuts application, which lets any application expose quick actions to Siri.
- Apple unveils iOS 12 for iPhone and iPad
- Apple promoting new features coming in iOS 12 to all iPhone and iPad users with Tips notifications
- Poll: With Siri Shortcuts in iOS 12, do you think you’ll spend less time hands-on with apps?
- Early testimonial of iOS 12’s ‘Live Listen’ with AirPods shows just how useful it could be
- Apple opens iOS 12 Shortcuts app testing to developers over TestFlight
- Here are all of the devices that will support iOS 12
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.