Whether you’re just getting started with Disney+ or are already familiar with it, follow along for how to use Disney+ with the Apple TV app and Up Next features for a synced viewing experience.
The Disney+ app is available for iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV, among many other devices outside Apple’s ecosystem. But one advantage of using Disney+ with the Apple TV app is that you get a synced viewing experience across your Apple devices with the Up Next feature.
While it would have been great to see full integration of Disney+ into Apple TV Channels, we’ve at least got some integration. However, keep in mind that this means choosing to play Disney+ content from the Apple TV app will open the show or movie in the Disney+ app. Here’s how it works…
How to use Disney+ with the Apple TV app and Up Next
On iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV
- After signing up for Disney+ (rundown on best deals) and getting set up with the app on at least one device, open the Apple TV app
- Pick a Disney+ show or swipe down on the Watch Now tab to view all Disney+ content
- Press play on a Disney+ show or movie, then tap Connect to enable it in the TV app
- Now you can start watching content right from the Apple TV app (opens in the Disney+ app)
- For any show or movie, tap the +Add icon in the top right to add it to your Up Next list in the TV app
Content added to Up Next from Disney+ will show up in the Apple TV app on the Mac app. But because there isn’t a Disney+ app on Mac, Apple just gives an option to watch/purchase it elsewhere, like the iTunes Store.
Here’s how the process looks on iPhone:
Up Next is handy, as you’ll see both content you’ve started and paused across your iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV as well as shows you’ve manually added.
Read more 9to5Mac tutorials:
- Shopping for AirPods Pro? Here’s how to find available stock without waiting weeks
- How to clean your dirty AirPods Pro and charging case
- AirPods Pro: How to customize Force Sensor controls
- AirPods Pro: How to use Ear Tip Fit Test and change tips
- AirPods Pro: How to use noise cancellation and Transparency mode
- AirPods Pro vs Powerbeats Pro: How specs, size, price, and more compare
- What’s the difference in AirPods and AirPods Pro? Here’s how size, price, and features compare
iPhone & iPad:
- How to quickly select, move, and delete notes on iPhone and iPad with two-finger tap
- How to remove Memoji Stickers from your iPhone keyboard
- How to use the Deep Fusion iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro camera feature
- iOS 13: How to use custom fonts on iPhone and iPad
- How to edit messages on iPhone and iPad with two-finger tap
- How to use the ‘Remind when messaging’ feature on iPhone, iPad, and Mac
- How to make subtasks and sublists with Reminders in iOS 13 and macOS Catalina
- How to get started with and use ‘Sign in with Apple’ on iPhone, iPad, and Mac
- How to use the ultra wide camera on iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro
- How to check iPad and Mac Sidecar requirements
- How to get your Mac ready for macOS Catalina
- How to create a bootable macOS Catalina 10.15 USB install drive [Video]
- How to sync iPhone and iPad to your Mac in macOS Catalina without iTunes
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.