Apple wins CES with AirPods emoji, Global Privacy Senior Director Jane Horvath talks privacy on behalf of Apple, PopSocket now works with wireless charging, HomeKit advances in 2020, Apple marks a new era of Services, iPhone 11 has a new Night mode photo contest this month, and much more.
Stories we discuss in this episode:
- AirPods can now be engraved with select emoji as Apple refreshes exclusive font
- Apple returns to CES for privacy roundtable alongside Facebook and others
- You can now use a Popsocket + wirelessly charge your iPhone
- Pioneer’s 2020 Wireless CarPlay lineup includes a premium 10.1-inch floating receiver for your old car
- Eve Cam indoor camera with support for HomeKit Secure Video
- Lutron expands HomeKit-compatible Caséta line with new motion sensor and repeater
- IKEA Tradfri smart blinds finally rolling out support for Apple HomeKit
- Hands on with IKEA’s smart blinds and HomeKit
- Best iPhone Night mode photos – submit yours to Apple
- Apple wins Christmas: iPhone claims top 9 spots for mobile device activations in the US
- Apple announces new single-day record for App Store purchases: $386 million spent on New Year’s Day
- Analyst: Apple to launch sub-6GHz 5G iPhones this year, but faster mmWave 5G iPhones delayed until 2021
- Ricky Gervais praised ‘The Morning Show’ in front of Tim Cook … then roasted Apple’s ‘sweatshops in China’
- Apple TV+ to close out Television Critics Association Press Tour with presentation on January 19
- New trailer for Apple TV+ comedy ‘Mythic Quest’ teases ‘Always Sunny’ star Rob McElhenney as outlandish creative director
- LG bringing Apple TV app to 2018 and newer TVs this year
- Covering a SpaceX rocket launch from NASA’s Kennedy Space Center with the iPhone 11 Pro Max
- Defining the decade: ten years of Apple on one page
- ‘Front and Center’ brings classic Mac window management to macOS Catalina
- Doomsday Vault on the Mac App Store
- Subscribe, Rate, and Review 9to5Mac Happy Hour!
Listen & Subscribe:
Share your thoughts!
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.