This week Benjamin and Zac talk about the unfortunate date bug that affected iPhones over the weekend and resulted in the early delivery of iOS 11.2, the official launch of Apple Pay Cash in the U.S., updates to our Mac setups and a new app that makes AirPlaying to Sonos easier, a potential half marathon challenge that may or may not happen, the latest on Apple’s Heart Study with Apple Watch, a tease of an upcoming Apple Watch story, Amazon Prime Video finally coming to Apple TV, changes in tvOS 11.2 and what’s missing, new App Store search ads, and more.
Note: Subscribing to the podcast feed will guarantee the latest episode is downloaded as soon as possible.
Here’s what we discussed in this episode:
- Many iPhone users suffering from random reboots & crashes due to date/time bug affecting notifications
- Apple releases iOS 11.2 with date crashing fix, Apple Pay Cash included, other changes
- Apple Pay Cash now rolling out on iOS 11.2 for non-beta users
- How to set up and use Apple Pay Cash
- watchOS 4.2 for Apple Watch now available with Apple Pay Cash support
- AudioBridge for Mac lets you easily AirPlay to Sonos from any app
- Apple and Stanford begin Heart Study to detect irregular heart rhythms using Watch
- Apple mistakenly starts promoting Amazon Prime Video for Apple TV ahead of release [U]
- Amazon Prime Video app rolling out to Apple TV App Store
- Prime Video catches Apple TV up with smart TVs, but these two features are still missing
- Apple rebrands iTunes Movies with new @AppleTV account on Twitter
- tvOS 11.2 with new HDR and frame rate options now available for Apple TV 4K
- Apple TV 4K will support Dolby Atmos surround sound eventually, YouTube app doesn’t show 4K video
- Changes to Apple’s ‘Search Ads’ bring more options for developers
FTC: We use income earning auto affiliate links. More.